Blossoming Almond Tree, Van Gogh, 1890

Friday, May 21, 2010

Career Search

In attempts to enhance my online visibility, I launched a website that highlights both my Academic and Professional experiences. I am hoping that this will eventually help me to replace the High School Rowing results and Facebook profiles, which are the two most frequent hits on Google, with more career focused content.

As a less than tech savvy individual, I am impressed with how well my website came out. I wrote the content in third person, which some might feel is a bit pretentious, but it was not intended to be, at all. The one thing that I have yet to figure out is how to include a photo on the Home page. I have been using Brand-yourself.com, an online reputation management company that was created by a fellow Syracuse University Student. So far I am impressed by the ease of the website, but I need to wait to see if it has had an impact on my job search.

I will report back and discuss how successful this attempt at taking control of my online presence has been.

Until then, here is my Brand-Yourself.com website and a link to my first ever press release!



If there are any constructive comments, please feel free to leave them!
I know that these both need a little work, but I am a novice, in time I anticipate becoming a professional.

No comments: